Background

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Mommy, can you keep a secret?

Beware! This post is long!

I must have the most romantic husband ever. Our 7th anniversary is today, but since it fell on a Sunday we decided to celebrate on Saturday. We also didn't have that much money since I did not get paid in August. Plus, we did not have a babysitter. So in order to make the day a special one, Branden planned out a whole night "in" and even got the kids involved. It was perfect!


Earlier that day Branden talked with the kids about what he was planning and what their "duties" would be. They were very excited to be involved in a surprise for Mommy. So excited in fact that while on the way home from Costco Ember started to tell me that "we have a surprise for you mommy. Daddy has a r..."
Daddy--"Ember if you tell her about the surprise then it's no longer a surprise."
Ember--"Oh, we weren't talking about a surprise for you mommy."
(2 minutes later)
Ember--"Mommy, can you keep a secret?"
Mommy--"Yes..."
Ember--"We are going to make a..."
Daddy--"Ember, stop! You're going to ruin Mom's surprise!"
We all got a good laugh at that.

In order to put this all together Branden need a couple of hours to get everything cooked and ready, so I went shopping! I am thinking that most people would go shopping for clothes, but I went for shoes and crafts. I got home a little late since the line at the fabric cutting place was REALLY long; 20 people were in front of me! I got home and fed Nikh before it was time to "get ready to go out." While I was feeding her, Ember came to see if I would wear the crown she got at gymnastics. She said it would make me look like a princess.

This was an official date so I had to dress up nice. I decided to wear the dress I wore when we went to La Caille on our honeymoon. I was putting on my pearls when Ember came upstairs to ask me if I was ready to put on my crown. She said she would put it on me. Branden, as is tradition, was waiting downstairs for his date to come down. And there the date began!

I had heels on earlier!

The first thing was we had to get to the restaurant that we were eating at. He even "rented" us a limo for the night with the absolute fastest driver! "Vrrrrr. We're there!" (He wanted to dress up!) The limo wasn't even too expensive. Branden was able to pay him in pistachios.



The limo driver took us too a new restaurant called Chez Boyles! (He got to "use up" all his money he earned while at the restaurant with us) Branden was so cute, he had made up a couple of menus. The food there was delicious: chicken cordon bleu with broccoli and some noodles with herbs, and sparkling cider. And the service was excellent. I have never gotten food that fast at any restaurant. Our waitress, or server as she liked to be called, was very helpful. She was always coming to see if we needed anything and she even took some pictures for us.




When we were done with our food we asked our server Ember if she knew of a good place to go dancing. She told our limo driver how to get there and then we were on our way. We of course had to wait for our driver to go back and pick up our server so they could come dancing too!

We danced a couple slow songs and a fast song. I even got to dance with the cuddly limo driver! Branden remembered that I liked the song You Can't Hide Beautiful which he had learned how to play on the guitar for me and we danced to that song too. I had forgotten all about that song. We haven't danced together for a long time. It was nice. The server and driver were also able to dance with each other. It was so cute!






The final thing for the night was we got to go to the movies. First we had to buy the tickets from the ticket person (Lincoln), after which we walked down to where the movie theatre was. We gave the lady (Ember) our tickets. They were both kind enough to tell us to enjoy the show. The movie was Cutthroat Island. This was the perfect ending to the date since this was the movie we watched while on our honeymoon. It was the only movie I recognized at our bed and breakfast and I remembered that I had liked it, so that is what we watched. A couple years ago we found it on blue ray for $10 at Target.

This was so much fun Sweetheart! I loved my surprise and will always remember it! I love you.

Ember had to pose for us since I was getting a picture too. Our little model.



1 comment:

  1. That is the cutest story I have ever heard....one you will always remember for sure. Your kids are so cute!

    ReplyDelete