Background

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Happy Nine Years Sweetheart!

     I think I might just have the sweetest man on Earth. No, Seriously!  Back around April of this year Branden called me at work one day to see if it was okay if he bought my anniversary present now. He said he found a deal on Google Offers on something he's been wanting to get for a while and he has the money to get it. Sure! Why not!
     When I got home I saw he had labeled an envelope with "Do not open 'till October 3rd!" Well now my interest has been piqued, but I really like surprises. So I only asked him one question, " Are we going anywhere?" To which he said, "yes." But I told him I wanted to be surprised and to not tell me. Now if you know me, I don't have a really big problem with waiting for things like this. Yes, I get excited! Yes, I want to know! But...I am willing to wait.
     Over the next six months, I only caught a few glances of that envelope as I was cleaning. It always made me smile and then that was that. Until October 3rd.
When the day finally came, I was actually having a pretty bad start to my day so I didn't open it until after school. I honestly was so happy knowing I would be getting away from it all for a couple of days.
     We were headed for Park City! Hot Rock Massage and a fine dining dinner included!

DAY 1
That morning we got the kids dropped off at Aunt Dee's and we were on our way! Our room was beautiful! Big bed! Cool bathroom! (The shower head was in the middle of the tub pointed straight down like rain). And it was nice knowing we had a small kitchen if we wanted to save or buy anything.



I totally want my future tub to be like this!


After looking up some things that we were interested in doing we headed over to Main Street. Those old buildings are fun. We also found out that Thriller was playing at the Egyptian Theater for the weekend, but was sold out! We ended up first on the wait list.

Our hot rocks massage was scheduled for 4:00. I love being toasty! Branden thought it was on his warmth threshold! :) It was nice to relax.

Dinner was at 5:30. We had a set menu, but it couldn't have been more perfect. Caesar salad, fillet mignon with mashed potatoes, mushrooms, and onions. And beignets for dessert! Yummy!

Yes, those are potato chips with some sort of vinegar on top. Hmmm...

Off to wait to see if we got in to Thriller. It was fun to walk by the theater. They had a bunch of the dancers all dressed up walking on Main by the theater totally in character. We decided to shopping while we waited. At 7:28 Branden apologized that he had not looked into it sooner. Literally 5 seconds after he said that we got a call...We got tickets! The dances were so much fun! And the creepy dancers even walked the aisles and empty seats trying to scare you. So funny!






DAY 2
After checking out of the Spa/Hotel we went for breakfast at the Eating Establishment. It was so good. In the meantime, we bought and mailed a postcard to the kids. We thought they would get a kick out of receiving something in the mail.
Then finally...Shopping! at the outlets.
Too much money later, we headed home.




I love that my husband has fun surprising me after 9 years together. And that even, as well as I think I know him, he does something very unexpected and surprises me all over again. I am still learning new things about him that I thought I knew...but maybe that's just my brain forgetting. :) I can't wait to see what the next nine years have in store for us.


I love you so very much Sweetheart. You truly are my everything...and more.

No comments:

Post a Comment