I love this little holiday. Sometimes I think that Mother's go unnoticed for everything they really do for us all throughout our lives. I can say this because I know that growing up I did not appreciate my mother the way she deserved. It took until I was a mother to realize all the little things that she did; and mostly behind the scenes too. Little things like making sure that we had good home cooked meals almost everyday! And that is with the fact that she would work a lot of days until 7:30 pm. And of course showing me how to keep a clean house. I wish that I would have paid a little more attention to how she actually did this while working full time. My house is NOWHERE near how she had our house. My mother worked hard to help our family financially so that we could have many things that I know she wished she could have had herself. (My dad works, but as a teacher in Utah...well you know how that goes.) It was hard for me; I felt like she was never home. and to this day I don't remember her being home that much, even though she says she was. hmmm??? But now as a working mother I know why she did it.
So, thank you Madre for everything! For being there even when I thought you weren't. I know it was hard for you to know you couldn't stay home with me and Jo. Gracias. Te quiero!
No comments:
Post a Comment